The Village Maintenance/Street Department is responsible for all village roadways. This includes general maintenance, repairs and snow plowing as needed. This department is also responsible for upkeep of James Park and Clemons Cemetery. The Village Street Commissioner Bryan Lucas oversees this department, which consists of a part time and a seasonal employee. Trash removal is at the homeowner’s expense. The local Yellow Pages can be checked for available services. Ottawa County provides sewer service to the Village. Marblehead provides fall leaf collection to the Village annually. See the local newspaper for collection dates.
The Marblehead Fire Department and the Lakeside Volunteer Fire Department have been consolidated into the Danbury Fire Department. The Fire Chief is Keith M. Kahler, the Fire Prevention Officer is Doug Waugh, and the Station Phone number is 419-798-5219.
The Marblehead Police Department currently consists of our Chief, three full-time officers and one part-time officer. The Marblehead Police Department protects the lives and property of the citizens, enforces laws, prevents crime and educates the public. We perform these duties with honesty and fairness. Through strong leadership and continuous training, we will strive to serve as role models for the community, applying professional standards and commitment to integrity, sensitivity and compassion to those we serve.
The Marblehead Water Department was formed with the passage of Ordinance No. 12-1958. Village Council set into motion the building of a municipal waterworks system for Marblehead. The village waterworks has been in continuous operation since 1959 serving the residents with high quality water for over 45 years. The first Board of Public affairs was appointed on November 28, 1958.
Members were Joseph Kristenak, President; and Steve Meterko and Charlie Myers. The board has seen many others elected to the position over the years including Robert S. Boytim, the longest serving elected official in Ottawa County. The first plant superintendent, Franklin Merrill, was appointed on July 16, 1959 and remained in this position until retirement in 1988. Over the years many changes have occurred including two annexations which added demand to the system and a plant expansion to satisfy the demands.
The 2004 EPA required plant expansion has been completed ensuring a constant supply of quality water for our future. The Board of Public Affairs and the Water Department are proud to be part of service to our community providing safe, high quality water 365 days a year. Current BPA Members are President Bob Boytim, George Danchisen and Lyn App.
Help keep our community safe by reporting streetlight or outdoor area light outages.
If the light presents a hazardous situation, such as broken glass, danger of falling, or exposed wires, do not complete this form. Immediately call 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877).