Coast Guard Marblehead Lifeboat Station was established on June 20, 1874. It is located in the village of Marblehead, near lakeside, on the shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio. Official opening of the station was in September 1876 with Lucien M. Clemons as the first keeper.
Lifesaving Station Marblehead was one of the first seven on the Great Lakes. A more modern station was built in 1921 and the current station was built in 1981.
Coast Guard Station Marblehead's missions include Search and Rescue, Maritime Law Enforcement, Homeland Security, Ice Rescue, Recreational Boating Safety, Military Readiness, and Environmental Response. Station Marblehead's area of responsibility is the international border at 83-04.0W, thence southeasterly and easterly along the international border to 82-24.0W, thence due south to the shoreline, thence northwesterly along the shoreline to 83-04.0W, thence due north to the point of origin.
Coast Guard Station Marblehead is located at 606 Prairie Street in Marblehead, Ohio.